WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT COORDINATOR
Atlanta Jewish Times has an immediate full-time opening for an individual with website and social media content creation, publishing, and promotion experience.
The web and social media author / content coordinator is responsible for the content and images used on a website. You will coordinate planning, research, write copy and edit the content as posted on the website and social media platforms. Responsible for growing audiences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Along with maintaining a posting schedule, you will regularly create platform-specific content including text posts, videos, and graphics. You must have a good eye for trends and an understanding of social media metrics.
Solid experience and knowledge of AP Style journalism and reporting, WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and Search Engine Optimization, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram required. Ideal candidate possesses strong writing skills and a drive to jump into our fast-paced and friendly office. A working knowledge of Judaism and the Atlanta Jewish community preferred.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
Our web and social media author / content coordinator is likely to get involved in:
- planning the style of copy required and the frequency with which it will need updating
- creating schedules and agreeing deadlines
- producing new content and writing it in an interesting and appealing manner
- identifying suitable subjects for interview
- sourcing images and artwork, and commissioning photographers
- liaising with clients or internal departments to check on content, style, and presentation
- incorporating written copy onto the website from other individuals or departments
- maintaining the site once it is live and ensuring the information is accurate
- developing editorial policies, copyright, data protection and best practice
Our web and social media author / content coordinator will:
- have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- be able to undertake research using a variety of sources
- be creative
- be able to alter their style of writing to reflect their audience
- be able to multitask and prioritize work schedules
- be computer literate and possess good keyboard skills
- be able to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures
- be able to work on their own or in a team
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- be thorough and precise in their work with a good attention to detail
- be able to use their initiative
- be able to follow style guidelines and editorial briefs
- have a broad understanding of copyright laws
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject heading CONTENT COORDINATOR. No calls, please.