Online Content Coordinator
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Editor and Managing Publisher, Kaylene Ladinsky
Earliest Start Date: Friday, April 5
The Online Content Coordinator is responsible for the online content of the Atlanta Jewish Times. This person will also be responsible for helping take the AJT’s digital presence to the next level by contributing original ideas to improve our online presence. This is an exciting role with a lot of growth potential and ability to learn new skills.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Experience working with WordPress or other website platforms.
- A background in writing, editing, or journalism.
- Experience handling social media posts for businesses.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Adobe Suite.
- Experience making videos, gifs, and graphics.
- Detail oriented, a fast learner, and knowledgeable of Jewish Atlanta.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Format stories from the newspaper for the WordPress website using graphics, videos, and other media provided.
- Format three weekly email newsletters in Mailchimp.
- Manage social media posts for the newspaper’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Pull a weekly Google Analytics report for our two websites, the Atlanta Jewish Times and the Atlanta Jewish Connector.
- Design simple graphics and images on occasion using Photoshop.
- Make edits to the paper using Adobe InCopy.
- Manage the homepage layout using WordPress extension Salamandra.
- Write articles on occasion for the newspaper.
- Other responsibilities not listed as the role evolves.
Benefits include two paid holidays in summer and December, and eight paid holidays off.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with the subject ONLINE CONTENT COORDINATOR to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.