Many Atlanta-area congregations are planning group trips in the next year. They include the following, all of which are open to the community unless otherwise noted:
- Chabad of Cobb Rabbi Ephraim Silverman and his wife, Chani, are leading local participation in a national Chabad trip to Israel called the Land and the Spirit — Israel Experience from March 27 to April 5. Pricing starts at $2,799 per person at the Mamilla Hotel or $2,899 at the David Citadel Hotel, plus airfare from New York ($1,055 through Oct. 15). Get more information at www.landandspirit.org.
- Congregation Or Hadash Rabbi Analia Bortz and Sherry Frank are leading a journey to Israel “Through the Eyes of Women,” covering such areas as celebrations, sacred spaces and coexistence, from May 8 to 17. Depending on how many people participate, the rates, including airfare and tips, start around $5,100. An informational meeting is set for 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 19; email Rabbi Bortz at email@example.com to RSVP and get directions to the meeting. Visit israeltour.com/orhadash for more information.
- Congregation Beth Shalom Rabbi Mark Zimmerman and his wife, Linda, are leading a multigenerational family adventure in Israel, including a group b’nai mitzvah ceremony, from June 21 to July 4. ITC Tours CEO Larry Ritter will participate in an informational meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, at Beth Shalom in Dunwoody. Prices, including airfare and tips, start at $5,460. For more information, call Rabbi Zimmerman at 770-399-5300, email LindaZimmerman314@gmail.com, or visit israeltour.com/rzimmerman16.
- Temple Kol Emeth Rabbi Erin Boxt and his wife, Batya, are leading a multigenerational trip to Israel, including a b’nai mitzvah ceremony at Robinson’s Arch, from June 15 to 26. The cost is $3,767, not including airfare, with the final payment due April 16. For more information, visit www.arzaworld.com/tke-ldor-vador-israel-generation-to-generation.aspx.
- Temple Kol Emeth Rabbi Steven Lebow and his wife, Madeline Sable, are leading a trip to Poland and Hungary, with nights in Warsaw, Krakow and Budapest, from Aug. 7 to 17. The cost of the trip, limited to Kol Emeth members, is $3,389, not including airfare, with the final payment due June 8. For more information, visit www.arzaworld.com/temple-kol-emeth-europe-trip-2016.aspx.
- Chabad of North Fulton Rabbi Hirshy Minkowicz is leading a weekend trip to New York from March 18 to 20 to mark the second yahrzeit of his wife, Rashi. The $150 cost includes home hospitality, transportation to Jewish sites in Brooklyn, Shabbat in Crown Heights and all meals but not airfare. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.