Ken Winkler was installed as the chair of the Marcus Jewish Community Center’s board of directors, succeeding Joel Arogeti, at the JCC’s 72nd annual meeting March 27.
Winkler, a shareholder at law firm of Berman Fink Van Horn, will serve a two-year term.
The meeting, chaired by Jeff Brickman, also featured the presentation of awards to staff members and others:
- Harvey Rubin Scholarship Award to a high school senior who shows outstanding leadership — Brandon Rubin.
- Volunteers of the Year Award — Steve Peltier, Jennifer Checkner and Brian Mand.
- Phillip Bush Award for Leadership — Karl Hydrick.
- Team Player Award — Frances Raffield.
- Customer Service Award — Stephanie McCormick.
- Raye Lynn Banks Teachers of the Year Award — Sierra Jamison at the Weinstein School and Rachel Parker at the Sunshine School.
- Best New Program Award — Intown Outreach, funded by the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta and led by Lauren Chekanow. The program was launched to increase engagement opportunities among young Jewish families by offering free and low-cost, low-barrier programming in public spaces intown.
Erwin Zaban Leadership Development Program co-chairs Brian Mand and Margo Marks recognized the 2018 graduates of the eight-month program: Allison Beldick, Mara Berman, Dana Bernath, Lisa Freedman, Staci Libowsky, Andy Lipman, Roger Panitch, Robert Rothberg, Brian Seitz, Lindsey Shoob, Jana Tessler, Arin Tritt, Deena Weintraub, Craig Wolpert and Bobby Zuckman.