The Marcus Jewish Community Center’s Harry Maziar Classic golf tournament at the Atlanta Country Club in East Cobb raised a record total of more than $400,000 while honoring former interim JCC CEO Doug Kuniansky on June 5.
“The Kuniansky family name has long been associated with dedication to Atlanta’s Jewish community. Doug is well known and highly respected in the Jewish community as a passionate and committed philanthropist and fundraiser,” said Joel Arogeti, who succeeded Kuniansky as the JCC board chair in March 2016.
“Through his long-standing dedication, Doug has helped enable the MJCCA to foster and ensure a vibrant greater Atlanta Jewish community and impact the lives of more than 60,000 people each year,” Arogeti said.
The tournament, chaired by David Kuisel, had 140 players. The winners:
- First-place team net score — David Kurzweil, Bob King, Keith Fleming, and Jeff Wilks.
- Second-place team net score — Howard Hyman, Alec Sutton, Jay Strongwater and Bruce Morris.
- Third-place team net score — Adam Beckman, Eric Tanenbaum, Ryan Halpern and David Lorberbaum.
- Fourth-place team net score — Jack Halpern, Benjamin Halpern, Cary Halpern and Bill Brown.
- Putting contest — Isador Mitzner.
- Longest drive (male) — Michael Parks.
- Longest drive (female) — Jennifer Glazer Malkin.