Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta CEO and President Eric Robbins will be the guest speaker at the presentation of the annual Marian F. Perling Hadassah Chesed Student Awards at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 6, at Congregation Dor Tamid, 11165 Parsons Road, Johns Creek.
Hadassah Greater Atlanta honors Jewish seventh- through 12th-graders who are nominated by their day schools or synagogues based on love for Israel, concern for fellow Jews and Jewish culture and heritage, concern for fellow humans through manner and deed (menschlichkeit), and academic standing.
The program is free and open to the public with kosher refreshments. RSVP by May 1 to 678-443-2961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s honorees:
- Ahavath Achim Synagogue — Ethan Povlot.
- Atlanta Jewish Academy — Jonathan “Nate” Linsider.
- Congregation Beth Shalom — Jeremy Levin.
- Congregation B’nai Torah — Hildy Newman.
- Congregation Dor Tamid — Jared Skyer.
- Congregation Etz Chaim — Carly Judenberg.
- Congregation Gesher L’Torah — Brandon Rubin.
- Congregation Or Hadash — Naama Erez.
- Congregation Or VeShalom — Ian Maman.
- Congregation Shearith Israel — Miles Kirsh.
- Davis Academy — Jacob Mirsky.
- Epstein School — Zoe Siegel.
- Temima High School — Eli Caplan.
- The Temple — Max Maslia.
- Temple Beth Tikvah — Ethan Asher.
- Temple Emanu-El — Sydney Levy.
- Temple Kehillat Chaim — Emily Glatter.
- Temple Kol Emeth — Julia Maynard.
- Temple Sinai — Dori Balser.
- Torah Day School — Shalom Schulgasser.
- Weber School — Hannah Krinsky.
Riverwood’s Top 2: Abney, Balser
Riverwood International Charter School recently announced that Dori Balser is the high school’s 2018 salutatorian and Saya Abney is its valedictorian.
Abney is Riverwood’s 2018 STAR student, a National Merit Scholarship finalist and a Harvard Prize Book Award recipient and has qualified for national debate championships this month.
Balser, who plans to attend Washington University in St. Louis, is the student government vice president, the co-chair of the Youth Board of the United Way of Greater Atlanta and the recipient of the Princeton Club’s 2017 Woodrow Wilson Community Service Award.
Club J Signing Up After-School Pupils
The Marcus JCC is accepting registration for its after-school program, Club J, for the 2018-19 school year.
Club J is open Monday through Friday from 2:30 to 6 p.m., starting Aug. 6 and ending May 20, 2019. The program serves pre-kindergartners to fifth-graders on the Zaban Park campus, 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody.
Call 678-812-3761, or visit atlantajcc.org/afterschool for more information and registration.