Published with permission from “Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry Obsessed!”
Makes 1 serving
8 ounces (about 1 medium) zucchini
3 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Dash each salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Optional toppings: red pepper flakes, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Slice off and discard the stem ends of the zucchini. Slice into ½-inch rounds and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip zucchini. Bake until mostly softened and lightly browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with seasonings. Mix well.
- Blot excess moisture from zucchini. Top with seasoned tomatoes, and sprinkle with both types of cheese.
- Bake until tomatoes are hot and mozzarella has melted, about 3 minutes.