Federation’s Super Sunday is upon us, but more super and less Sunday.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta has traditionally used one Sunday during its exclusive campaign window — the period when its community partners avoid competing in fundraising — for a big phone-athon to give the annual Community Campaign a boost.
Oct. 22 is that day for the 100-day 2018 campaign, which is nearing its halfway point. But in the midst of reimagining the entire organization and the community it serves, Federation is rolling out a new vision for Super Sunday.
Instead of gathering hundreds of volunteers in one place for an all-day marathon of fundraising calls, Federation is spreading the calls over five days and multiple locations, with an added dash of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
“Make campaign calls where you want, when you want, and have a chance to interact with people and partners who support Jewish Atlanta,” Federation says in promoting TikkunATL.
- Sunday, Oct. 22, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead — Have brunch, make calls, and donate toiletries to two shelters, the Zaban Paradies Center and Rebecca’s Tent.
- Monday, Oct. 23, all day, anywhere — Call your contacts on your smartphone.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, 6:45 to 8 p.m. at Berman Commons — Make calls and make crafts with the residents.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Selig Center — Have lunch and tour the Breman Museum after calling.
- Thursday, Oct. 26, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Temple Emanu-El — Make calls and work in Garden Isaiah, which grows food for the needy.
Register at jewishatlanta.org/tikkunatl. Contact Randy Gorod at 678-222-3723 or email@example.com with any questions.