The MJCCA is excited to announce the expansion of its FitLine classes, held in their very own FitLine Functional Fitness Studio, with FitLineclasses for Adults;FitLine Jr. classes forTeens; FitLine Kidsfor ages 7-10; and FitLine Familyclasses for Parents & Children.
What is Functional Fitness?
- Functional fitness helps provide you with the strength, stability, power, mobility, endurance, and flexibility that you need to thrive as you move through your life.
- You use basic functional movement patterns like pushing, pulling, hinging, squatting, rotating, carrying, and gait patterns (walking and running) every day. Functional fitness uses exercises that improve your movement proficiency in these primary patterns to enhance your performance so you can achieve your goals safely and with good health.
- MJCCA’s FitLine Functional Fitness Studio Highlights:Coach-led small groups, and varied strength and cardio workouts.
- Adult FitLine classes, offered multiple times throughout the day, are part small group coaching, team training and targeted fitness program.
- FitLine Jr. (for kids age 11-17 years and of all fitness levels)
Whether your child plays athletics or not, it is imperative they learn the proper way to push, pull, run, throw, climb, lift, and jump both effectively and safely. Participants in this course will enhance physical strength and flexibility.
- FitLine Kids (for kids age 7-10 years)
FitLine Kids is a high-energy, fun-filled exercise class for kids. This class strives to increase the overall health and fitness levels of children in a fun, safe, positive and motivating environment by utilizing obstacle courses, fitness games, partner activities, body weight exercises, resistance bands and more.
- FitLine Family (for parents and children age 6-11)
Enjoy FitLine with your child! FitLine Family is designed to encourage the development of self-confidence, strength, coordination, empowerment and self-awareness with your child. This class incorporates all aspects of our regular FitLine class with a twist. This class is a parent/child participation class.
“FitLine is a different kind of workout – off the treadmill and away from the machines. By using a range of exercises that are customized to the abilities of both children and adults, FitLine provides a new way to promote a healthy lifestyle for both kids and adults,” Rachael Rinehart, MJCCA Total Heath Director explains. “The new FitLine Family program engages children and adults in partnership-based exercises, allowing the adult to demonstrate how fun exercising can be.”
For full class offering and registration information, visit www.atlantajcc.org/fitline, or call 678.812.4060.