Above: Brian Smith, Mike McGarvey, Brad Sullivan and Justin Hong form the winning foursome at the Marcus JCC’s annual golf tournament. – Photo by Sue Rosseel
The Marcus Jewish Community Center’s annual BB&T Harry Maziar Classic golf tournament raised $350,000 Monday, June 6, at the Atlanta Country Club in East Cobb while honoring Hillels of Georgia President Michael Coles for his philanthropic leadership.
“Through his long-standing dedication, Michael and his family have helped enable the MJCCA to foster and ensure a vibrant greater Atlanta Jewish community and impact the lives of over 55,000 people each year,” said Joel Arogeti, who chairs the Marcus JCC’s board of directors.
The tournament’s proceeds help provide scholarships to JCC programs and services.
The winners on the course June 6:
- Putting contest — Jeff Levy.
- Longest drive (male) — Ben Wilson.
- Longest drive (female) — Emily White.
- First-place team, net score — Brian Smith, Mike McGarvey, Brad Sullivan and Justin Hong.
- Second-place team, net score — Jack Halpern, Benjamin Halpern, Cary Halpern and Rick Lenner.
- Third-place team, net score — David Kusiel, David Eastman, Richard Jacobson and Jonathan Byrd.
- Fourth-place team, net score — Donta Wilson, Cameron Hooper, Ron Hunter and Adam Cohen.