The Marcus Jewish Community Center’s seventh-annual BB&T Harry Maziar Classic golf tournament, chaired by Ron Brill and Garrett Van de Grift, had 124 players and raised a record $370,000 in sponsorships, contributions, raffle tickets and a silent auction Monday, June 1, at the Atlanta Country Club in East Cobb. Howard Halpern, the chairman of Halperns’ Steak & Seafood, who was a co-chairman of the tournament the past four years, was honored at the event for his dedication to the center and his philanthropy, which includes the Marcus JCC’s Lynne M. & Howard I. Halpern Drama Camp and Camp Barney Medintz’s Lynne M. and Howard I. Halpern Aquatic Center.
The winners on the course June 1:
- Putting contest — Rick Suid.
- Longest drive — Leo Yerashunas (male) and Aline Lee (female).
- First place, net score — Michael Coles, Madison Mongin, Jared Ingley and Rick Suid.
- Second place, net score — Isador Mitzner, Ronnie Galanti, Mark Rosenberg and Kevin Rabinowitz.
- Third place, net score — Leo Yerashunas, Keith Brennan, Andrew Steinberg and Jim Pfeifer.
- Fourth place, net score — Rich McKay, Reggie Roberts, Kevin Winston, and Ryan Teague.