By David R. Cohen / email@example.com
Examples of innovative Israeli companies featured every week in the Atlanta Jewish Times’ Israel Pride feature are coming to town March 23 for the fifth annual Trendlines Medical U.S. Road Show.
American-Israeli business connector Conexx will bring six Israeli medical startup companies to Atlanta on the first stop of the road show. The event aims to build a network of people and businesses interested in investing in Israeli medical companies.
The six featured companies, all of them products of the Trendlines incubator in northern Israel, are:
- Misgav-based Arcuro Medical, which offers an all-suture meniscus repair system that operates entirely within the joint.
- Misgav-based Endobetix, whose minimally invasive implant, the Bile Diversion Device, treats Type 2 diabetes and encourages weight loss by changing the body’s hormonal balance.
- Misgav-based Omeq Medical, which has developed a single-use, smart needle for accurate injections into the 4-millimeter-wide epidural space around the spinal cord.
- Misgav-based NeuroQuest, which is using patent-pending technology based on the work of a Weizmann Institute professor, Michal Schwartz, to create blood tests for Alzheimer’s and ALS. NeuroQuest has a development center in Charleston, S.C.
- Tel Aviv-based VisiDome, which is developing an accommodative intraocular lens as an add-on to the standard monocular IOL implanted into a patient’s eye after cataract surgery to provide clear, glasses-free vision at all distances.
- Yokneam Illit-based IonMed, which offers a proprietary cold plasma surgical system to use biowelding to close surgical incisions instead of sutures or staples.
Sandy Springs-based Conexx is hosting the first stop at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough in Atlantic Station.
“Hosting the upcoming Trendlines road show epitomizes the overarching goal of Conexx, which is to facilitate commerce between Israel and the U.S.,” said Ralph Jordan, the chairman of the Conexx Medical Connector. “This program fulfills that goal by channeling local investment into cutting-edge Israeli medical companies, and our Medical Connector committee achieves that goal in a number of other ways as well. We connect Israeli health care companies with potential acquirers, partners, distribution channels, medical institutions, physician experts and advisers.”
What: Trendlines Medical U.S. Road Show
Where: Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, 201 17th St., Suite 1700, Midtown
When: 7:30 a.m. Monday, March 23
Cost: Free with registration