AJT FALL INTERNSHIP: The Atlanta Jewish Times is looking for College age Interns!
Wanted: 2 Editorial/Journalism interns for the Fall
Want real experience working with a distinguished news publication? The Atlanta Jewish Times is currently searching for 2 interns to assist in the publication of our weekly paper and growth of our website, http://atlantajewishtimes.com/.
The Atlanta Jewish Times is Atlanta’s leading Jewish newspaper and has been in operation since 1925. The mission of the paper is to provide Jews across Atlanta and the Southeast with a shared sense of opportunity and achievement by reporting and encouraging community activities among members of the Jewish community. We are currently looking for 1-2 editorial interns to assist in the publication of our paper which currently has a weekly readership of over 45,000. This is an unpaid internship for college credit.
The editorial intern will assist in the publishing of our weekly paper and day to day maintenance of our website/social media pages. Duties include:
- Reporting on events in the Atlanta area
- Writing content for AJT weekly publication and website
- Covering events on location and conducting interviews
- Editing and fact-checking stories submitted by contributors
- Developing strategies for website and social media growth
- Assisting with layout of weekly publication
- Working out of our Sandy Springs office 2-3 days per week
- Currently working towards a Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, religious studies or similar field
- Strong writing/editing skills and sharp attention to detail
- Work out of our Sandy Springs office 2-3 days per week: (Friday, Monday and Tuesday)
- Knowledge of Atlanta Jewish Community
- Experience with Word Press CMS a plus
You’ll gain real experience working with a distinguished media outlet plus get access to concerts, sporting events, shows and more.
How to Apply:
Contact David Cohen, the AJT’s Managing Editor at email@example.com. Please submit a short cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples.