Hadassah Greater Atlanta recognized the recipients of the Marian F. Perling Hadassah Chesed (lovingkindness) Student Awards on Sunday afternoon, May 7, at Temple Emanu-El.
The awards recognize students in Jewish day schools and synagogue schools for their love for Israel, concern for fellow Jews, Jewish culture and fellow humans, and good academic standing. Each year the award recipients have records of exceptional accomplishments and high ideals and aspirations.
Establishing a new tradition, the Chesed program for the second consecutive year turned the spotlight to past winners.
“These students were involved in hundreds of hours of tzedakah to help numerous worthy nonprofit organizations. They volunteered because they each possess a generous spirit of caring and supporting others,” said Linda Weinroth, one of the co-chairs of the program.
The ceremony “brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart,” said Anita Walters from Hadassah Greater Atlanta. “Twenty-one beautiful, talented, intelligent and generous Jewish children from Atlanta-area Jewish day and synagogue schools were honored. If anyone needed something to give us hope about our future Jewish generation, then this ceremony was where you needed to be.”
• Ahavath Achim Synagogue, Zoe Glickman.
• Atlanta Jewish Academy Middle School, Gefen Beldie.
• Atlanta Jewish Academy Upper School, Thelet Bunder.
• Congregation Beth Shalom, Jenna Schulman.
• Congregation B’nai Torah, Emily Brothman.
• Congregation Dor Tamid, Cary de Graaff.
• Congregation Etz Chaim, Noam Kleinman.
• Congregation Gesher L’Torah, Richard Trutt.
• Congregation Or Hadash, Aiden Erez.
• Congregation Or VeShalom, Victor Maslia.
• Congregation Shearith Israel, Jeremy Stettner.
• Davis Academy, Rami Fabian.
• Epstein School, Lilah Presser Weiss.
• Temima High School, Shira Golding.
• The Temple, Danielle Ben-Arie.
• Temple Beth Tikvah, Sophie Wilson.
• Temple Emanu-El, Katie Stone.
• Temple Kehillat Chaim, Shira Kopel.
• Temple Sinai, Rianna Saslow.
• Weber School, Shannan Berzack.
• Torah Day School, Kira Mermelstein.