Greater Atlanta Hadassah presented Marian F. Perling Hadassah Chesed Student Awards to 20 Atlanta-area Jewish teens Sunday, May 3, at Congregation Beth Shalom.
Hadassah has handed out the Chesed Awards annually since 1992 to one student from each of the local Jewish day schools and participating synagogue religious schools.
Seventh- to 12th-graders are eligible for the award. Each school chooses its own recipient based on criteria that are paramount to Hadassah and its members:
- Love for Israel.
- Concern for Jews and Jewish culture and heritage.
- Concern for fellow human beings as exemplified through manner and deed.
- Good academic standing.
The winners of the 24th-annual awards:
- Isadore “Izzy” Jackson, Ahavath Achim Synagogue.
- Shani Kadosh, Atlanta Jewish Academy Middle School.
- Tova Asher, Atlanta Jewish Academy Upper School.
- Tal Nechmad, Congregation Beth Shalom.
- Sam Latzsch, Congregation Dor Tamid.
- Hannah Wittenstein, Congregation Etz Chaim.
- Justin Rubin, Congregation Gesher L’Torah.
- Deanna Lalo, Congregation Or Hadash.
- Jared Ladden, Congregation Or VeShalom.
- Kira Lewitt, Congregation Shearith Israel.
- Leah Faupel, Temple Beth Tikvah.
- Olivia Lesnick, Temple Emanu-El.
- Jacob Best, Temple Kehillat Chaim.
- David Ostrow, Temple Kol Emeth.
- Rachel Morochnik, Temple Sinai.
- Jacob Rubin, Davis Academy.
- Syd Pargman, Epstein School.
- Mark “Elliott” Williams, The Temple Breman Religious School.
- Jenna Rubin, Weber School.
- Yosef Spotts, Torah Day School of Atlanta.