The AJT wants to be a place to exchange ideas. Here are some worth considering or at least worth knowing about Friday, Feb. 24:
- Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, father of local Matt Lieberman, and Center for Cyber & Homeland Security senior fellow Todd Stein, son of Emory Middle East expert Ken Stein, show at USA Today how our most valuable weapon against radical Islamist terrorism (once we’ve named it) is classic American religious freedom.
- Vox‘s Sarah Wildman attempts to explain the outbreak of threats against Jewish organizations across the United States.
- UGA student Rachel Schwartz writes in The Red & Black about the mistaken exclusion of Zionists from the Day of Inclusion held last month by the Progressive Action Coalition; Students for Justice in Palestine, the group that staged Tuesday night’s walkout of an event organized by pro-Israel students, responds by equating Zionism with apartheid.
- Robbie Medwed makes his debut as an AJT blogger by calling for Jewish organizations to stand up for transgender children, while Bonnie Levine offers some do’s and don’ts for synagogues trying to attract young families (aren’t they all?). Click here if you’d like to join Robbie and Bonnie as AJT bloggers on the Times of Israel platform.
- Tablet‘s Liel Leibovitz suggests learning the lessons of the Arab Spring and doing more than saying, “We’re the resistance,” in response to America’s first Middle Eastern president, Donald Trump.