Assembled by Ken Stein and Eli Sperling
Our friends at the Center for Israel Education have compiled a list of recent articles about Israel worth reading from all over the world:
- Graham Allison, “Why ISIS Fears Israel,” The National Interest, Aug. 8, nationalinterest.org/feature/why-isis-fears-israel-17286.
- “American and Israeli Jews: Twin Portraits From Pew Research Center Surveys,” Pew, Sept. 27, www.pewforum.org/2016/09/27/american-and-israeli-jews-twin-portraits-from-pew-research-center-surveys.
- Yoni Ben Menachem, “The Businesses of Mahmoud Abbas and His Sons,” Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, Sept. 14, jcpa.org/article/the-businesses-of-mahmoud-abbas-and-his-sons.
- Anna Borschevskaya and Navy Cmdr. Jeremy Vaughn, “How the Russian Military Reestablished Itself in the Middle East,” Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Oct. 17, www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/how-the-russian-military-reestablished-itself-in-the-middle-east.
- Daniel Glaser, “The Evolution of Terrorism Financing: Disrupting the Islamic State,” Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Oct. 21, www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/the-evolution-of-terrorism-financing-disrupting-the-islamic-state.
- Daniel Gordis, “We Need to Talk About Israel,” Tablet, Oct. 14, www.tabletmag.com/scroll/213000/we-need-to-talk-about-israel.
- Haisam Hasanein, “Egypt and Israel’s Growing Economic Cooperation,” Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Nov. 2, www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/egypt-and-israels-growing-economic-cooperation.
- Efraim Inbar, “Jerusalem Is More Important Than Amona,” BESA Center Perspectives, Oct. 27, besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/jerusalem-important-amona.
- Yossi Kuperwasser, “The West Must Insist That the Palestinians Change Their Narrative,” JCPA, Sept. 5, jcpa.org/article/west-must-insist-palestinians-change-narrative.
- W. Robert Pearson, “Turkey After July 16 — Dawn or Disaster,” Middle East Institute, Oct. 17, www.mei.edu/content/article/turkey-after-july-15-dawn-or-disaster.
- Jonathan Spyer, “Patterns of Subversion: Iranian Use of Proxies in the Middle East,” MERIA, IDC Herzliya, Rubin Center Research in International Affairs, Sept. 5, www.rubincenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/04_Spyer-TM-au-PDF.pdf.
- Heiko Wimmen, “Lebanon’s State Erosion, Divisions of Conflict in Syria Sustain a Dangerous Stalemate,” German Institute for International and Security Affairs, October, www.swp-berlin.org/fileadmin/contents/products/comments/2016C46_wmm.pdf.