Hadassah Greater Atlanta is honoring 20 students from Jewish day schools and synagogue religious schools with the Marian F. Perling Hadassah Chesed Student Awards during a ceremony at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 7, at Temple Emanu-El, 1580 Spalding Drive, Sandy Springs.
The awards recognize one student from each school based on love for Israel; concern for fellow Jews, Jewish culture and fellow humans; and good academic standing.
Continuing a practice that started last year, the Chesed program also will highlight outstanding past honorees.
The community is invited to the free ceremony, at which kosher refreshments will be served. RSVPs are appreciated but not required to 470-482-6778 or email@example.com.
This year’s winners:
- Ahavath Achim Synagogue, Zoe Glickman.
- Atlanta Jewish Academy Middle School, Gefen Beldie
- AJA Upper School, Thelet Bunder
- Congregation Beth Shalom, Jenna Schulman
- Congregation B’nai Torah, Emily Brothman
- Congregation Dor Tamid, Cary de Graaff
- Congregation Etz Chaim, Noam Kleinman
- Congregation Gesher L’Torah, Richard Trutt
- Congregation Or Hadash, Aiden Erez
- Congregation Or VeShalom, Victor Maslia
- Congregation Shearith Israel, Jeremy Stettner
- Davis Academy, Rami Fabian
- Epstein School, Lilah Presser Weiss
- Temima High School, Shira Golding
- Temple Beth Tikvah, Sophie Wilson
- Temple Emanu-El, Katie Stone
- Temple Kehillat Chaim, Shira Kopel
- Temple Sinai, Rianna Saslow
- The Temple, Danielle Ben-Ariel
- Torah Day School, Kira Mermelstein